13/09/2011

Fell in LOVE with Barcelona

Okay so as I mentioned in my previous post I've had a really lovely summer and been lots of amazing places.

Barcelona was definitely one of them; as a mini break it was the perfect destination with the mix of cultural/ touristy with some shopping and lounging by the pool thrown in.

We stayed in a really lovely hotel called the hotel America which was just of La Ramblas, we were automatically upgraded when we arrived and greated by an 8 foot bed......basically my idea of heaven.

Over the three days we spent there the sun shone and we visited the famous La Ramblas and tried the ice cream and other delicious treats. I was very tempted to buy a turtle for €10 while there but figured that would be awkward to smuggle to say the least!!!

We also visited the cathedral and the park guell while there which were both breathtaking and beautiful

The shopping was great during the trip with a perfect mix of high street and designer shops to suit anyone's budget. The rest of the time was spent gladly by the pool in the sun which is my favourite holiday pastime!!

All in all it was a beautiful trip and I would recommend anyone to go if they can!! Lastly a few tips if you do go;

1. The drinks on La Ramblas are ridiciously expensive..... Literally €11.80 for one cost avoid eating here and nip down the side streets for equally good food/drinks where you won't be stung on prices! La Fonda is literally one of the best restaurants I've ever been to I would urge anyone to go and it's really well priced :)

2.Try the patatas bravas.....literally Nom

3.don't buy a turtle!

Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment